The goal of WIOA, Title 1 is to help motivated individuals be successful in finding employment!
Through the program, customers are assisted with a focused job search and exploration of possible skill upgrade opportunities that enhance their employment options.
An Employment Specialist Will:
• Determine program eligibility
• Design a comprehensive individual employment plan
• Provide current labor market information
• Provide skills assessments for today’s in-demand careers
• In-depth individual assessments: assets & barriers
• Intensive job search assistance
• Determine the need for skills training
Financial Services Available:
• Short-term classes that upgrade customer's skills
• Certifications and/or licenses required by industry
• Training for in-demand occupations
• On the Job Training with employers
• Support services to gain and/or maintain employment
Please attend an Employment & Training Assistance Orientation every Wednesday at WorkSource Cowlitz/Wahkiakum (305 S. Pacific Ave., Ste. B, Kelso, WA 98626) from 10 am-11: 30 am or call 360-578-4211 for information.
This project is funded through a federal Department of Labor Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act grant administered by Workforce Southwest Washington. Training and support opportunities are limited and are on an as-available basis each quarter. Training programs are available through scholarships for in-demand occupations. This will include research, online assessments and possible workshops.
Customers must be eligible to receive a scholarship and must reside or work in Washington State.